Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Update from Kennys PICU/hospital stay...*sigh*


Wish I could sleep. I'm at home now from a very long and scary day with Kenny. After many breathing treatments and being on oxygen, his was pulse oxing in the low 90's all day...on top of wheezing. They even tried a vent vest (a vest that is uses to break up mucus in the lungs) because his lungs are just not getting better. I've got a couple sick kids here, laundry and dishes. When I left the hospital, I had to pry a sleeping angel from my arm that he was hugging. He was pulse ox-ing at 87 so the nurse had to up his oxygen even more... I called to see if Kenny's stats went up after I left and...well...he just got done puking...everything...everywhere. So he didn't like the bath he got from his nurse and they are giving him zofran and pepcid and holding off on his feeds for a few hours....if this doesn't work, I'm afraid that tomorrow will be an iv and another chest x-ray. Pleeeease keep him in your prayers. I'm so worried about him on top of feeling helpless and neglectful to the other kids(because of being at the hospital all day with Kenny). Also say a little prayer that I can get through all of this. I am so afraid of losing my little guy. Being a grown up sucks.

7 comments:

JackieG said...

If you need me to come in to Ohio I will!If it is just to let you stay at the hospital without worry! To be able to come and go as you need! I Love you and that family of yours so much! Michele...God is watching over him, and will see him through this! Stay focused on each day and don't worry about anything else!

Unknown said...

Oh sweetheart! I just read this and my heart just dropped. I wish I were close by so I could help. I am sending up a prayer for Kenny, you and your family to keep you all strong. Know that I love you and I'm here if you need to talk.

Mel Roach said...

Michele Kenny is in a lot of people's thoughts and prayers, he is a fighter, he will make it through this and so will you. You are an amazing mother!!!! Thinking of you guys <3

Ms. Tee said...

Hugs! Stay in faith...

Heidi said...

Michele, I am constantly thinking of you and Kenny and your beautiful family. Many many prayers for sweet Kenny. I hope that today is a better day for everyone.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and Kenny! I hope he gets better really soon! They will take good care of him while u care for the other kids! I am the mom of a 23 weeker also and I know this is scary and we just have to pray and let God do his healing. Take care and hugs! Get well sweet Kenny!

Tiffani

Anonymous said...

Kenny and your family are in my prayers. I know you have been strong so far. He needs you more than ever now. You are a wonderful loving person. You also have an angel watching over him.

Lots and lots of love to him and all of you. Giving loads of peace and prayers from India

Nithya